Acupuncture Treats Colds & Flu in Los Angeles
- Avoid Colds & Flu with Acupuncture and Herbs. Now is the peak cold and flu season in Los Angeles. Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs are so effective in avoiding and in speeding up recovery, it seems no one can believe it. Having helped hundreds of patients avoid missing work or even a party or vacation, I decided to write about it.
Good Hygiene is the best way to avoid a cold or flu including:
- Washing hands frequently
- Using sanitary wipes at the gym, grocery store, etc.
- Using a nedi-pot to reduce viral counts in the sinuses
- Eat well, avoid stress and get the proper amount of rest and exercise
If you still find yourself coming down with something, get a treatment with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs as soon as possible. The signs and symptoms of a cold or flu coming on are any of the following:
- Itchy nose, throat or eyes
- A runny nose
- Headache in the back of the head
- Alternating chills and fever
- Body aches and fatigue
- Sore throat
If you experience any of the above get treated immediately. Acupuncture and Chinese herbs cure colds & flu by work by expelling pathogens out of your system before symptoms get worse. Treatments may include acupuncture, cupping and heat on acupuncture points of the body. The treatment principal is to promote you to sweat out the pathogens before they take hold. It is also recommended that you go home afterwards, eat a warm cooked meal and rest. Hot spicy foods will further assist in sweating out pathogens. It is important that one stay covered and avoid wind or drafts during this period. After a good nights rest most people wake up feeling rested and refreshed. In addition, there are several anti-viral, anti-bacterial and immune system boosting herbs to assist in a successful recovery.
Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Treatments Offered by Dr. John Barrett for Colds and Flu
The office of Dr. John Barrett offers the following treatments for colds and flu:
- Immune system boosting treatments to avoid colds and flu
- Treatments to avoid colds or flu at the onset
- Treatments to speed up recovery after catching a cold or flu
If you cannot afford to be sick , why wait? Call my friendly staff and make your appointment today at 310-277-7179. Located in Century City we cater to patients with lunch time and evening appointments. Se Habla Español.